Singing News Curse 2010
November 5, 2010 1 Comment
One of the common jokes about SG is that we have our own version of the NFL’s “Madden Curse”, the “Singing News Curse.” With just one cover left for the year, let’s review the status of the curse for the year, shall we?
- January: Dixie Echoes (Pat Barker departs)
- February: Crist Family (no changes)
- March: Brian Free & Assurance (Randy Crawford departs)
- April: Greater Vision (Jacob Kitson departs)
- May: Hoppers (no changes)
- June: McKameys (no changes)
- July: Mark Trammell Quartet (no changes)
- August: Gold City (Roy Webb, Josh Cobb depart)
- September: Blackwood Brothers (no changes)
- October: Kingdom Heirs (Billy Hodges departs)
- November: Booth Brothers (no changes)
- December: ????
Unless my math skills have dulled over the years, that’s 5 out of 11. It’s interesting to note of the groups that haven’t had changes, 3 are primarily family based groups, which tend to experience less turnover by nature, and one has been in existence less than a year (Mark Trammell Quartet). That leaves us with two established non-family groups that have been stable since their cover appearance, and 5 that have experienced changes. I’d say the curse is still alive and well!
NOTE: This post is solely intended to be read in a good-natured, tongue-in-cheek manner. If you have not read it as such, please check the batteries in your sarcasm meter. :-)